Do you know a young person who gives back to the community, inspires change in others, exhibits inspirational leadership and deserves to be recognized? Then nominate them today and let us reward them for all that they do! We are looking for 14 young changemakers to honour at the upcoming RBC Spirit of the Capital Youth Awards. If you know someone who would be a great fit, read on!
There are two youth awardees in seven category, each recipient will receive:
- $1,000 bursary
- An invitation to the awards gala on June 29th, 2023
- Opportunity to be featured in news through partners such as CTV Ottawa
- networking opportunities
- & more!
Awards are presented in the following categories: Academic Perseverance, Arts & Culture, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Service & Caring, Strength Through Diversity, Take a Stand and the Max Keeping Award for Personal Courage. These categories are designed to broaden our appreciation for what is being done in our community from the smallest gesture to international efforts.
Nominations will open on February 22, 2023 and will be open until March 31, 2023.
- Be between the ages of 14-21 as of January 1, 2023.
- Reside within the Ottawa mega-city limits.
- Be aware that their name and photograph may be used for publicity before/after the awards in local media and on Youth Ottawa promotional materials.
- Be aware that their nomination information may be used in other youth related events and or organizations.